Sania further slips to 130 in singles ranking
New Delhi: Sania Mirza continued to slide down the ranking ladder as she is now placed 130th, loss of one place in the latest WTA list issued on Monday.
After losing at the WTA Dubai Open qualifiers, Sania had also lost in the first round of the Malaysian Open singles event.
She, however, managed to maintain her seventh place in the doubles ranking.
Meanwhile, the out-of-action Somdev Devvarman has lost 15 places to be down at 135 in the ATP singles rankings list.
In the doubles rankings, Leander Paes continued to be the highest ranked Indian at number seven.
New Indian men`s doubles pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna, who won their first ATP World Tour title together at the Dubai Open, gained three places each.
While Bopanna is now placed at number eight Bhupathi has climbed to No. 12 spot in the doubles ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie