Sania further slips to 130 in singles ranking
New Delhi: Sania Mirza continued to slide down the ranking ladder as she is now placed 130th, loss of one place in the latest WTA list issued on Monday.
After losing at the WTA Dubai Open qualifiers, Sania had also lost in the first round of the Malaysian Open singles event.
She, however, managed to maintain her seventh place in the doubles ranking.
Meanwhile, the out-of-action Somdev Devvarman has lost 15 places to be down at 135 in the ATP singles rankings list.
In the doubles rankings, Leander Paes continued to be the highest ranked Indian at number seven.
New Indian men`s doubles pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna, who won their first ATP World Tour title together at the Dubai Open, gained three places each.
While Bopanna is now placed at number eight Bhupathi has climbed to No. 12 spot in the doubles ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- IIFA diaries: Athiya Shetty basking under Spanish sun!
- Vodafone to file prospectus for IPO in August, plans to raise $2.5 billion: Sources
- Shooting World Cup: Gagan Narang, Abhinav Bindra Disappoint in Finals
- Hailstorms, rain, tornado kill 51 persons in eastern China, dozens injured
- 'Over 400 Indians lodged in Pakistani jails till July'15'