Sania, Huber shocked in quarters of Eastbourne event
Eastbourne: Sania Mirza and Liezel Huber suffered an upset defeat at the hands of Monica Niculescu and Klara Zakopalova to crash out of WTA Aegon International, here on Wednesday.
The second seeded Indo-American pair had recovered well after losing the first set and had chances in the match tie-breaker but eventually lost 3-6, 6-3, 9-11 in one hour and 20 minutes to the Romanian-Czech combination.
It was second match in a row where Sania and Huber faced stiff competition from their rivals.
They now play Wimbledon, where they have been seeded sixth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets