Sania joins ITPA as Vice President
New Delhi: Star player Sania Mirza has also joined Indian Tennis Players Association (ITPA) as one of its Vice Presidents, it was revealed on Sunday.
Sania is now one of the four Vice Presidents of the newly-formed body with Leander Paes, Mahesh Bhupathi and Somdev Devvarman being the other VPs.
"Happy to announce that @MirzaSania has consented to be a VP of @TennisITPA and she has been co opted unanimously. Welcome aboard #Sania," Karti P Chidambaram, who is secretary of ITPA and also AITA Vice President, tweeted.
The Association was formed recently and office bearers were announced during India`s Davis Cup tie against Indonesia in Bangalore.
Former Davis Cup captain Jaideep Mukherjea was elected as President of the Association.
Sania, the first female player from the country to win a Grand Slam, now plays only in doubles.
She gave up her singles career due to injuries so that she could prolong her career at least in doubles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation