Sania Mirza wins 4th title of the season
Tokyo: Sania Mirza continued her impressive run as she captured her fourth title of the season and 18th overall with Cara Black of Zimbabwe, recording a come-from-behind win over Liezel Huber and Hao Ching Chan to lift the Pan Pacific Open trophy, here on Saturday.
The unseeded slayers of the top seeds in the semifinals, pipped the American-Taipei combination 4-6 6-0 11-9 in one hour and 25 minutes.
After losing the opening set, Sania and Cara made a stunning recovery as they bageled their opponents with three breaks to push the match to super tiebreaker, where the Indian-Zimbabwean combo rallied again to edge past the rivals 11-9 win.
Ecstatic after the win, Sania tweeted, "#champions #yesss #wedidit #comeo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed