Sania-Nuria lose in Moscow
Moscow: Indo-Spanish pair of Sania Mirza and Nuria Llagostera lost out to Americans Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears in the women`s doubles quarter-finals of the Kremlin Cup here Thursday.
The third seeds were upset in one hour and 40 minutes in the last eight clashes.
Double faults proved costly for Sania and Nuria as they served six of them at crucial junctures of the match in comparison to two of their opponents.
The unseeded Americans also broke the Indo-Spanish pair when needed in a topsy-turvy match, where service games were regularly broken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?