Sania-Nuria lose in Moscow
Moscow: Indo-Spanish pair of Sania Mirza and Nuria Llagostera lost out to Americans Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears in the women`s doubles quarter-finals of the Kremlin Cup here Thursday.
The third seeds were upset in one hour and 40 minutes in the last eight clashes.
Double faults proved costly for Sania and Nuria as they served six of them at crucial junctures of the match in comparison to two of their opponents.
The unseeded Americans also broke the Indo-Spanish pair when needed in a topsy-turvy match, where service games were regularly broken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested