Sania-Nuria lose in Moscow
Moscow: Indo-Spanish pair of Sania Mirza and Nuria Llagostera lost out to Americans Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears in the women`s doubles quarter-finals of the Kremlin Cup here Thursday.
The third seeds were upset in one hour and 40 minutes in the last eight clashes.
Double faults proved costly for Sania and Nuria as they served six of them at crucial junctures of the match in comparison to two of their opponents.
The unseeded Americans also broke the Indo-Spanish pair when needed in a topsy-turvy match, where service games were regularly broken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued