Sania-Nuria suffer first round exit from Japan WTA event
Tokyo: Sania Mirza and her Spanish partner Nuria Llagostera Vives made a shock first round exit from the Toray Pan Pacific Open after losing to Darija Jurak and Katalin Marosi, here.
The second seed Indo-Spanish pair lost 0-6, 6-4, 8-10 to the Croatian-Hungary combination in the first round of the USD 2,168,400 hard court event.
Sania and Nuria made a good comeback after being bageled in the opening set but lost the Super tie breaker to make an early exit from the tournament.
They got just one ranking point each and shared USD 9150 in prize money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption