Sania-Nuria suffer first round exit from Japan WTA event
Tokyo: Sania Mirza and her Spanish partner Nuria Llagostera Vives made a shock first round exit from the Toray Pan Pacific Open after losing to Darija Jurak and Katalin Marosi, here.
The second seed Indo-Spanish pair lost 0-6, 6-4, 8-10 to the Croatian-Hungary combination in the first round of the USD 2,168,400 hard court event.
Sania and Nuria made a good comeback after being bageled in the opening set but lost the Super tie breaker to make an early exit from the tournament.
They got just one ranking point each and shared USD 9150 in prize money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah