Sania-Nuria suffer first round exit from Japan WTA event
Tokyo: Sania Mirza and her Spanish partner Nuria Llagostera Vives made a shock first round exit from the Toray Pan Pacific Open after losing to Darija Jurak and Katalin Marosi, here.
The second seed Indo-Spanish pair lost 0-6, 6-4, 8-10 to the Croatian-Hungary combination in the first round of the USD 2,168,400 hard court event.
Sania and Nuria made a good comeback after being bageled in the opening set but lost the Super tie breaker to make an early exit from the tournament.
They got just one ranking point each and shared USD 9150 in prize money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened