Sania out of singles event at Indian Wells
Indian Wells (USA): Sania Mirza was ousted from the Indian Wells WTA Premier tournament after suffering a straight set defeat against world number 26 Anabel Medina Garrigues, here.
Sania, a wild card entrant, lost 2-6 5-7 to Spain`s 24th seed in the second round.
Sania had beaten German qualifier Kristina Barrios in the opening round 4-6, 6-2, 6-4.
Sania`s challenge is still alive in the doubles event with Russian partner Elena Vesnina.
The second seeds have reached second round after beating Vera Dushevina and Shahar Peer 7-5, 6-2.
They face Timea Bacsinszky and Alberta Brianti in the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan