Sania`s singles campaign ends at Pattaya; makes doubles semis
Pattaya: Sania Mirza`s singles campaign at the Pattaya Open on Friday ended with a 5-7 3-6 quarter-final defeat against Chinese Taipei qualifier Su-Wei Hsieh but the Indian has kept herself in the doubles title contention by making the semifinals.
The 111-ranked Indian lost to the talented Tapiei player after battling for one hour and 20 minutes.
However, in the doubles, Sania and her Australian partner Anastasia Rodionova continued the good show by reaching the semifinals.
The top seeded pair defeated the local pair of Varatchaya and Varunya Wongteanchai 6-4 6-3 in the last-eight stage match.
They now face third seeds Akgul Amanmuradova of Uzbekistan and Kimiko Date-Krumm of Japan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights