Sania`s singles campaign ends at Pattaya; makes doubles semis
Pattaya: Sania Mirza`s singles campaign at the Pattaya Open on Friday ended with a 5-7 3-6 quarter-final defeat against Chinese Taipei qualifier Su-Wei Hsieh but the Indian has kept herself in the doubles title contention by making the semifinals.
The 111-ranked Indian lost to the talented Tapiei player after battling for one hour and 20 minutes.
However, in the doubles, Sania and her Australian partner Anastasia Rodionova continued the good show by reaching the semifinals.
The top seeded pair defeated the local pair of Varatchaya and Varunya Wongteanchai 6-4 6-3 in the last-eight stage match.
They now face third seeds Akgul Amanmuradova of Uzbekistan and Kimiko Date-Krumm of Japan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!