Sania`s singles campaign ends at Pattaya; makes doubles semis
Pattaya: Sania Mirza`s singles campaign at the Pattaya Open on Friday ended with a 5-7 3-6 quarter-final defeat against Chinese Taipei qualifier Su-Wei Hsieh but the Indian has kept herself in the doubles title contention by making the semifinals.
The 111-ranked Indian lost to the talented Tapiei player after battling for one hour and 20 minutes.
However, in the doubles, Sania and her Australian partner Anastasia Rodionova continued the good show by reaching the semifinals.
The top seeded pair defeated the local pair of Varatchaya and Varunya Wongteanchai 6-4 6-3 in the last-eight stage match.
They now face third seeds Akgul Amanmuradova of Uzbekistan and Kimiko Date-Krumm of Japan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog