Sania to spearhead Indian challenge in Fed Cup
New Delhi: Sania Mirza will lead the four-member Indian side in the upcoming Asia/Oceania Group I tie of the Fed Cup tennis tournament.
According to the team announced by the AITA today, the other members are Kyra Shroff, Rutuja Bhosale and Rishika Sunkara.
Ankita Raina and Prerna Bhambri have named as reserve players for the women`s team event.
India are back in the Group I after spending a year in Group II. India had beaten Hong Kong 2-1 in the promotional play-off in February 2012 to re-enter the Group I.
This year`s ties will be held in Astana, Kazakhstan from February 6-9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video