Sania to team up with Bryan in Aus Open
Kollam (Ker): Indian tennis star Sania Mirza said she was looking forward to team up with American Bob Bryan in the mixed doubles event of the 2013 Australian open.
"Yes, I am going to play with Bryan in the Australian Open," Sania, who inaugurated the President`s Trophy boat race here this evening, told reporters.
In the women`s doubles, American Bethanie Mattek would be her partner, she said.
Sania, ranked 7 in doubles, said like every other player, her aim was to get to the number one position.
Sania said though she would like to play singles, her physical fitness did not allow her to do so. However, she was training hard and playing trials.
India`s most successful women`s tennis player said when she started her game at the age of 16, the aim was to play till 24.
Sania said she had thought that she would have to quit the game after marriage with Shoaib Malik. "But I am still playing," she said.
On her former mixed doubles partner Mahesh Bhupathi, Sania said they were still keeping a good friendship.
Sania said the aim of the proposed Tennis Academy to be set up by her at Hyderabad was to extend facilities for tennis play in rural areas also. The acadmey would be set up on a sub-continental basis, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- PM Modi, Amit Shah have 'one soul', says Javadekar
- Hillary Clinton would be Democratic nominee: Feinstein
- Israel media: Police recommend indicting Netanyahu's wife
- Watch video: Giant Gorilla shot and killed to save 4-year-old child!
- AAP MLA Jagdeep Singh arrested on assault charges, later released on bail