Sania to team up with Bryan in Aus Open
Kollam (Ker): Indian tennis star Sania Mirza said she was looking forward to team up with American Bob Bryan in the mixed doubles event of the 2013 Australian open.
"Yes, I am going to play with Bryan in the Australian Open," Sania, who inaugurated the President`s Trophy boat race here this evening, told reporters.
In the women`s doubles, American Bethanie Mattek would be her partner, she said.
Sania, ranked 7 in doubles, said like every other player, her aim was to get to the number one position.
Sania said though she would like to play singles, her physical fitness did not allow her to do so. However, she was training hard and playing trials.
India`s most successful women`s tennis player said when she started her game at the age of 16, the aim was to play till 24.
Sania said she had thought that she would have to quit the game after marriage with Shoaib Malik. "But I am still playing," she said.
On her former mixed doubles partner Mahesh Bhupathi, Sania said they were still keeping a good friendship.
Sania said the aim of the proposed Tennis Academy to be set up by her at Hyderabad was to extend facilities for tennis play in rural areas also. The acadmey would be set up on a sub-continental basis, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations