Sania to team up with Bryan in Aus Open
Kollam (Ker): Indian tennis star Sania Mirza said she was looking forward to team up with American Bob Bryan in the mixed doubles event of the 2013 Australian open.
"Yes, I am going to play with Bryan in the Australian Open," Sania, who inaugurated the President`s Trophy boat race here this evening, told reporters.
In the women`s doubles, American Bethanie Mattek would be her partner, she said.
Sania, ranked 7 in doubles, said like every other player, her aim was to get to the number one position.
Sania said though she would like to play singles, her physical fitness did not allow her to do so. However, she was training hard and playing trials.
India`s most successful women`s tennis player said when she started her game at the age of 16, the aim was to play till 24.
Sania said she had thought that she would have to quit the game after marriage with Shoaib Malik. "But I am still playing," she said.
On her former mixed doubles partner Mahesh Bhupathi, Sania said they were still keeping a good friendship.
Sania said the aim of the proposed Tennis Academy to be set up by her at Hyderabad was to extend facilities for tennis play in rural areas also. The acadmey would be set up on a sub-continental basis, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS