Sania-Vesnina move up into finals in Dubai
Dubai: India`s Sania Mirza and her Russian partner Elena Vesnina edged out Shuai Peng of China and Chinese Taipei`s Su-Wei Hsieh to book a place in the doubles final of the Dubai Duty Free Women`s Tennis Championships.
The second seeded Indo-Russian pair took an hour and 40 minutes to beat their opponents in the super tie-break, 6-2, 6-7 (5), 1-0 (13/11) here on late Friday night. The duo converted five of the seven break points on offer while Hsieh and Peng could manage only three from eight and that proved to be their downfall.
Sania and Vesnina will face top seeds American pair of Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymond in the final Saturday night. The Americans have won eight straight games and are gunning for their third consecutive title having won in Paris (Indoors) and Doha before this.
2011 US Open champions Raymond and Huber took just 61 minutes in disposing of the team Nuria Llagostera Vives and Anastasia Rodionova 6-3, 6-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?