Second-seeded Radwanska wins Indian Wells opener
Second-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska reached the third round of the WTA and ATP Masters hard court tournament at Indian Wells on Friday with a straight-sets win over British qualifier Heather Watson.
Poland`s Radwanska, ranked number three in the world, needed one hour and 24 minutes to get past the 134th-ranked Watson 6-4, 6-3. She next faces either Russian Elena Vesnina or Germany`s Annika Beck.
"The first match is always challenging," said Radwanska, who like all 32 men`s and women`s seeds enjoyed a first-round bye.
In a match littered with service breaks, she held serve to finish out the match, giving herself another reason to celebrate a day after her 25th birthday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption