Secret of ‘superstitious’ Rafael Nadal’s success revealed!
London: Newly-crowned US Open champion Rafael Nadal has reportedly shown his superstitious side like every other tennis player by eating the same meal at the same restaurant every night before his winning matches.
According to the New York Post, Nadal dined on Chilean sea bass, fried rice and noodles at a Manhattan Chinese restaurant every evening that he was not playing a night match, including on Sunday, before his finals battle against world No. Novak Djokovic.
The report also mentioned that Nadal and a large group of his friends and family, including his longtime girlfriend Xisca Perello, made their way to the restaurant to celebrate the victory with a late dinner.
The report added that the owners kept the kitchen open until 12:30 am to accommodate the champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey