Sela clinches Tashkent Challenger title
Tashkent: Israel`s top tennis player Dudi Sela scored a one sided 6-1, 6-2 win over Teymuraz Gabishvili of Russia to lift the men`s singles title at the USD 125,000 Tashkent Challenger which concluded at the Olympic School Tennis Complex here Sunday.
Sela, currently ranked 89th in the world, and seeded third here, took just over an hour to outplay the Russian sixth seeded and claim USD 18,000 and 125 ATP points which will propel him into the top 70 of the rankings.
"I`m thrilled with my win and the points will help to move into playing major events in the coming year. I`m also happy that I won the title here after five years. I congratulate Teymuraz for a good week but he looked tired today," Sela said.
Gabashvili, who won the doubles title here Saturday looked out of sorts and tired. Sela took charge of the match breaking the Russian in the second, fourth and sixth games to win the first set in 34 minutes.
The second set was no different with Sela securing two breaks in the third and fifth games.
"I congratulate Dudi for a great win but I was not feeling well and was too tired," said Gabashvili, who had to be content with USD 10,600 and 75 ATP points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- ''Disappointment'' over Pay Commission due to Centre's inability to rein in inflation: JD (U)
- Want to live longer? Restrict your calorie intake!
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Result 2016: dhe.mhpravesh.in declares B.Ed CET Results, check B.Ed result 2016 by directly clicking here
- Delhi boy 'Sonu', abducted 6 years ago, returns home from Bangladesh today
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out