Serena apologises to Sharapova for dig at personal life
London: Tennis ace Serena Williams, currently ranked World`s no.1 has claimed that she had already apologised to her Russian counterpart World`s no.3 Maria Sharapova for comments made about her personal life in an article which appeared in Rolling Stone magazine.
According to CNN, the article had comments by Williams over Sharapova`s relationship with Bulgarian player Grigor Dimitrov and also contained controversial passage about the rape of a 16-year-old girl by American football players.
In response to the comments Sharapova had slammed Williams for being in an alleged relationship with a married man with children, who is rumored to be her French coach Patrick Mouratoglou.
Williams said that she had extended the olive branch towards Sharapova at WTA players` party in London last week and had apologized to her for the remarks she made in the article.
Williams further said that the controversy might be a distraction as she bids for a sixth Wimbledon title and 17th grand slam crown, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon