Serena powers into fourth round at Wimbledon
London: Defending champion and top seed Serena Williams bombarded Slovakia’s Dominika Cibulkova with some venomous serves to reach the Wimbledon fourth round after a 6-0 7-5 victory on Saturday.
On another scorching day at the All England Club, Williams raced through the first set against an overawed Cibulkova in just 18 minutes before encountering stiffer resistance from the world number 46 in the second.
The three-times winner, no doubt pleased to be back on Centre Court after grumbling about being banished to Court Two for her second round match, produced one thundering serve after another, firing down 20 aces in all.
Williams will next face Maria Sharapova, who beat the American in the 2004 final, if the Russian overcomes Barbora Zahlavova Strycova of the Czech Republic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!