Serena retains WTA rankings lead following US Open win
Johannesburg: US Open champion Serena Williams has reportedly remained in the top position in the latest top ten women`s tennis rankings issued by Women`s Tennis Association ( WTA).
The World No.1 leads far ahead of the pack with 12, 260 points and is followed by US Open final opponent Victoria Azarenka at the second place at 9, 505 points and Russian star Maria Sharapova at third place with 7, 866 points.
According to Sport24, Poland`s Agnieszka Radwanska came at the fourth place with 6, 335 points, followed by Chinese Li Na at the fifth place with 5, 565 points while Italian Sara Errani sat at the sixth place with 4, 325.
Meanwhile, Frenchwoman Marion Bartoli was at the seventh place with 3, 746 points, followed by Denmark`s Caroline Wozniacki at the eight place with 3, 645 points, German Angelique Kerber at the ninth place 3, 420 points and Serbia`s Jelena Jankovic at the tenth place with 3, 45 points, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma