Serena to face Sharapova in Sony Open Finals
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Miami: Five-time champion Serena Williams advanced to Sony Open final by beating Agnieszka Radwanska 6-0, 6-3.
She will now face Russia`s Maria Sharapova who earlier beat Serbia`s Jelena Jankovic 6-2 6-1 to book her place in the finals of the Sony Open.
Sharapova extended her winning streak to 11 matches in a one-sided match that lasted just over an hour against Jankovic.
Sharapova has never won the Sony Open despite playing four previous finals and will be looking for a change of fortune in the finals to be played on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!