Serena tops WTA rankings, Sania maintains 5th place in doubles
New Delhi: American star Serena Williams continued to occupy top spot in the singles WTA rankings while former world No.1 Caroline Wozniacki climbed two places to 13th. India`s Sania Mirza maintained her career-high fifth place ranking in the doubles.
Sania, who turned pro in 2003 and overcame a career-threatening wrist injury in between, had entered the top five for the first time in her career earlier this month.
WTA singles top 10:
1. Serena Williams, United States, 9,231 points
2. Li Na, China, 6,960
3. Simona Halep, Romania, 6,785
4. Petra Kvitova, Czech Republic, 6,070
5. Agnieszka Radwanska, Poland, 5,330
6. Maria Sharapova, Russia, 4,881
7. Euginie Bouchard, Canada, 4,460
8. Angelique Kerber, Germany, 4,365
9. Jelena Jankovic, Serbia, 3,900
10. Victoria Azarenka, Belarus, 3,812.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli