New Delhi: American star Serena Williams continued to occupy top spot in the singles WTA rankings while former world No.1 Caroline Wozniacki climbed two places to 13th. India`s Sania Mirza maintained her career-high fifth place ranking in the doubles.
Sania, who turned pro in 2003 and overcame a career-threatening wrist injury in between, had entered the top five for the first time in her career earlier this month.
WTA singles top 10:
1. Serena Williams, United States, 9,231 points
2. Li Na, China, 6,960
3. Simona Halep, Romania, 6,785
4. Petra Kvitova, Czech Republic, 6,070
5. Agnieszka Radwanska, Poland, 5,330
6. Maria Sharapova, Russia, 4,881
7. Euginie Bouchard, Canada, 4,460
8. Angelique Kerber, Germany, 4,365
9. Jelena Jankovic, Serbia, 3,900
10. Victoria Azarenka, Belarus, 3,812.