Serena went through depression after sister’s murder
New York: American tennis star Serena Williams has revealed that following her elder sister’s murder, she went through a period of depression and needed counselling to get over the horrific incident.
“It was a dark period in my life. I went through so much depression. I never even talked about it to my mom,” Serena said.
“No one knew I was in therapy, but I was. I was so close to Yetunde,” she added.
Serena’s sister, Yetunde, was a victim of a shooting on September 14, 2003 in a poor section of Compton in California, which is known for its history of gang violence.
She was shot in the head while riding in an SUV driven by her boyfriend (who police reported was the intended victim) and died at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!