Serena Williams calls sister Venus `greatest` source of motivation
Washington: World number one and 17-time Grand Slam winner Serena Williams has said that her sister Venus Williams is the greatest and that anyone who is about to quit should get motivation from her.
Serena said this after her elder sibling stunned the second ranked player and two-time Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka in straight sets 6-2, 6-4 in the second round of Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo on Tuesday.
Venus Williams has been suffering from auto-immune disease for quite some time now but did not show any sign of weakness in her match against the Belarusian player, the report said.
There is no doubt in the fact that Williams sisters love each other a lot as they have been always watching each other`s matches from the player box, the report added.
They have also partnered to win 13 Grand Slam titles and 3 Olympics Gold Medals in doubles event, the report further said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living