Serena Williams calls sister Venus `greatest` source of motivation
Washington: World number one and 17-time Grand Slam winner Serena Williams has said that her sister Venus Williams is the greatest and that anyone who is about to quit should get motivation from her.
Serena said this after her elder sibling stunned the second ranked player and two-time Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka in straight sets 6-2, 6-4 in the second round of Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo on Tuesday.
Venus Williams has been suffering from auto-immune disease for quite some time now but did not show any sign of weakness in her match against the Belarusian player, the report said.
There is no doubt in the fact that Williams sisters love each other a lot as they have been always watching each other`s matches from the player box, the report added.
They have also partnered to win 13 Grand Slam titles and 3 Olympics Gold Medals in doubles event, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- BJP doing 'gundagardi' in name of making people say 'Bharat Mata ki Jai', says Arvind Kejriwal
- Sheena Bora murder: Indrani, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till May 9
- Sushmita Sen - mother of two daughters - talks about her sexiest mantra
- AgustaWestland case: Hang me if anything found against me, says Congress leader Ahmed Patel
- Badminton Asia Championship: Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu advance to second round