Serena Williams ‘impressed’ with Marcos Baghdatis’ 4-racquet tantrum
Melbourne: Serena Williams has revealed that she finds Marcos Baghdatis’ four-racquet rage at Australian Open ‘impressive’.
Baghdatis was fined USD 800 by the ITF after he smashed four racquets into pieces during his three-set loss, the Herald Sun reported.
“I’ve never done that. That’s impressive, wow,” Williams said.
“I actually used to break a lot of racquets on the court. I sometimes break them in practice, just not in a match anymore. I think when you’re young it kind of maybe lets out a little frustration.
“It just is a way to express yourself. I think those players are super, super intense. So I can’t necessarily go and say you shouldn’t do that when I was actually someone that did it a lot. But it’s definitely not the best way to release your anger. I think the older you get, you realize there’s more different ways,” she added.
Baghdatis expelled his anger on his equipment after falling two sets down to 21st seed Stanislas Wawrinka on Margaret Court Arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco