Serena Williams ‘impressed’ with Marcos Baghdatis’ 4-racquet tantrum
Melbourne: Serena Williams has revealed that she finds Marcos Baghdatis’ four-racquet rage at Australian Open ‘impressive’.
Baghdatis was fined USD 800 by the ITF after he smashed four racquets into pieces during his three-set loss, the Herald Sun reported.
“I’ve never done that. That’s impressive, wow,” Williams said.
“I actually used to break a lot of racquets on the court. I sometimes break them in practice, just not in a match anymore. I think when you’re young it kind of maybe lets out a little frustration.
“It just is a way to express yourself. I think those players are super, super intense. So I can’t necessarily go and say you shouldn’t do that when I was actually someone that did it a lot. But it’s definitely not the best way to release your anger. I think the older you get, you realize there’s more different ways,” she added.
Baghdatis expelled his anger on his equipment after falling two sets down to 21st seed Stanislas Wawrinka on Margaret Court Arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- 'ISIS letter' in Varanasi challenges Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath to stop mayhem on March 24