Serena Williams ‘impressed’ with Marcos Baghdatis’ 4-racquet tantrum
Melbourne: Serena Williams has revealed that she finds Marcos Baghdatis’ four-racquet rage at Australian Open ‘impressive’.
Baghdatis was fined USD 800 by the ITF after he smashed four racquets into pieces during his three-set loss, the Herald Sun reported.
“I’ve never done that. That’s impressive, wow,” Williams said.
“I actually used to break a lot of racquets on the court. I sometimes break them in practice, just not in a match anymore. I think when you’re young it kind of maybe lets out a little frustration.
“It just is a way to express yourself. I think those players are super, super intense. So I can’t necessarily go and say you shouldn’t do that when I was actually someone that did it a lot. But it’s definitely not the best way to release your anger. I think the older you get, you realize there’s more different ways,” she added.
Baghdatis expelled his anger on his equipment after falling two sets down to 21st seed Stanislas Wawrinka on Margaret Court Arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list