Serena Williams ‘impressed’ with Marcos Baghdatis’ 4-racquet tantrum
Melbourne: Serena Williams has revealed that she finds Marcos Baghdatis’ four-racquet rage at Australian Open ‘impressive’.
Baghdatis was fined USD 800 by the ITF after he smashed four racquets into pieces during his three-set loss, the Herald Sun reported.
“I’ve never done that. That’s impressive, wow,” Williams said.
“I actually used to break a lot of racquets on the court. I sometimes break them in practice, just not in a match anymore. I think when you’re young it kind of maybe lets out a little frustration.
“It just is a way to express yourself. I think those players are super, super intense. So I can’t necessarily go and say you shouldn’t do that when I was actually someone that did it a lot. But it’s definitely not the best way to release your anger. I think the older you get, you realize there’s more different ways,” she added.
Baghdatis expelled his anger on his equipment after falling two sets down to 21st seed Stanislas Wawrinka on Margaret Court Arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal