Serena Williams wary of further ankle injuries
Washington: World No. 1 Serena Williams has reportedly revealed her ankle fears after successive injuries that marred her last two campaigns Down Under.
Williams arrived in Brisbane to begin her preparations for next month`s Australian Open, but has expressed caution and concern for her sensitive ankle.
According to a news channel, she injured her ankle first in the Queensland warm-up event two years ago and then in last January in the opening match in Melbourne, a factor that contributed to Williams` shock fourth-round defeat by then teenager Sloane Stephens.
Williams said that if she can get a year without twisting her ankle she will be good to go.
She further said that when everyone plays her, they play really unbelievable, adding that she has to be always ready as she loves competing and it`s just about motivating herself and trying to reach new goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan