Serena Williams wary of further ankle injuries
Washington: World No. 1 Serena Williams has reportedly revealed her ankle fears after successive injuries that marred her last two campaigns Down Under.
Williams arrived in Brisbane to begin her preparations for next month`s Australian Open, but has expressed caution and concern for her sensitive ankle.
According to a news channel, she injured her ankle first in the Queensland warm-up event two years ago and then in last January in the opening match in Melbourne, a factor that contributed to Williams` shock fourth-round defeat by then teenager Sloane Stephens.
Williams said that if she can get a year without twisting her ankle she will be good to go.
She further said that when everyone plays her, they play really unbelievable, adding that she has to be always ready as she loves competing and it`s just about motivating herself and trying to reach new goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state