Serena Williams withdraws from Rome Masters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: American tennis player Serena Williams has withdrawn from the semi-final match of Rome Masters due to sore back.
She was to meet Chinese Li Na in the semi-final.
"I`ve been feeling a little pain this week and I have a huge schedule coming up," she was quoted as saying by a news agency.
However, the 30-year-old said she is fine and will be fully fit to participate in the French Open that starts later this month.
“I`m fine, I`ll be 100% for the French," she said.
Her withdrawal means that Li Na will be playing in the final for the title with either Maria Sharapova or Angelique Kerber.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals