Serena Williams withdraws from Rome Masters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: American tennis player Serena Williams has withdrawn from the semi-final match of Rome Masters due to sore back.
She was to meet Chinese Li Na in the semi-final.
"I`ve been feeling a little pain this week and I have a huge schedule coming up," she was quoted as saying by a news agency.
However, the 30-year-old said she is fine and will be fully fit to participate in the French Open that starts later this month.
“I`m fine, I`ll be 100% for the French," she said.
Her withdrawal means that Li Na will be playing in the final for the title with either Maria Sharapova or Angelique Kerber.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus