Serena Williams withdraws from Rome Masters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: American tennis player Serena Williams has withdrawn from the semi-final match of Rome Masters due to sore back.
She was to meet Chinese Li Na in the semi-final.
"I`ve been feeling a little pain this week and I have a huge schedule coming up," she was quoted as saying by a news agency.
However, the 30-year-old said she is fine and will be fully fit to participate in the French Open that starts later this month.
“I`m fine, I`ll be 100% for the French," she said.
Her withdrawal means that Li Na will be playing in the final for the title with either Maria Sharapova or Angelique Kerber.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH