Sharapova, Azarenka through to Indian Wells` quarters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
California: Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka swept aside Poland`s Urszula Radwanska in straight sets 6-3 6-1 to rush into the quarter finals of the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells. The former world number 1 was plagued with an ankle injury through the game but that barely seemed to hinder her as she won the match within 90 minutes.
Former champion Maria Sharapova also smashed her way through to the quarters. After a tough first set, she blanked out her opponent, Spain`s Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino, in the second, winning the match 7-5 6-0.
Fifth seed Petra Kvitova also went through in straight sets, beating compatriot Klara Zakopalova 6-2 6-3. But third seed Agnieszka Radwanska crashed out in a tough three-setter, losing 6-1 4-6 7-5 to Russian Maria Kirilenko.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!