Sharapova, Azarenka through to Indian Wells` quarters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
California: Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka swept aside Poland`s Urszula Radwanska in straight sets 6-3 6-1 to rush into the quarter finals of the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells. The former world number 1 was plagued with an ankle injury through the game but that barely seemed to hinder her as she won the match within 90 minutes.
Former champion Maria Sharapova also smashed her way through to the quarters. After a tough first set, she blanked out her opponent, Spain`s Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino, in the second, winning the match 7-5 6-0.
Fifth seed Petra Kvitova also went through in straight sets, beating compatriot Klara Zakopalova 6-2 6-3. But third seed Agnieszka Radwanska crashed out in a tough three-setter, losing 6-1 4-6 7-5 to Russian Maria Kirilenko.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details