Sharapova, Azarenka through to Indian Wells` quarters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
California: Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka swept aside Poland`s Urszula Radwanska in straight sets 6-3 6-1 to rush into the quarter finals of the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells. The former world number 1 was plagued with an ankle injury through the game but that barely seemed to hinder her as she won the match within 90 minutes.
Former champion Maria Sharapova also smashed her way through to the quarters. After a tough first set, she blanked out her opponent, Spain`s Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino, in the second, winning the match 7-5 6-0.
Fifth seed Petra Kvitova also went through in straight sets, beating compatriot Klara Zakopalova 6-2 6-3. But third seed Agnieszka Radwanska crashed out in a tough three-setter, losing 6-1 4-6 7-5 to Russian Maria Kirilenko.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India