Sharapova calls time on coach Connors following `shocking` Cincinnati loss
London: Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova is believed to have decided to end her relationship with new coach Jimmy Connors, after losing to American Sloane Stephens in the second round of the Western and Southern Open at Cincinnati .
According to The Times, the relationship between Sharapova and Connors is said to have involved a single defeat and a few practice sessions before the player decided it was not going to work.
It has been less than a month since the tennis player announced she was going to part ways with coach Thomas Hogstedt to work with Connors, who was known for his grit in his playing career of more than 20 years.
Sharapova had lost to a qualifier in the form of Michelle Larcher De Brito in the second round at Wimbledon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town