Sharapova calls time on coach Connors following `shocking` Cincinnati loss
London: Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova is believed to have decided to end her relationship with new coach Jimmy Connors, after losing to American Sloane Stephens in the second round of the Western and Southern Open at Cincinnati .
According to The Times, the relationship between Sharapova and Connors is said to have involved a single defeat and a few practice sessions before the player decided it was not going to work.
It has been less than a month since the tennis player announced she was going to part ways with coach Thomas Hogstedt to work with Connors, who was known for his grit in his playing career of more than 20 years.
Sharapova had lost to a qualifier in the form of Michelle Larcher De Brito in the second round at Wimbledon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre