Sharapova calls time on coach Connors following `shocking` Cincinnati loss
London: Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova is believed to have decided to end her relationship with new coach Jimmy Connors, after losing to American Sloane Stephens in the second round of the Western and Southern Open at Cincinnati .
According to The Times, the relationship between Sharapova and Connors is said to have involved a single defeat and a few practice sessions before the player decided it was not going to work.
It has been less than a month since the tennis player announced she was going to part ways with coach Thomas Hogstedt to work with Connors, who was known for his grit in his playing career of more than 20 years.
Sharapova had lost to a qualifier in the form of Michelle Larcher De Brito in the second round at Wimbledon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Mehbooba in Delhi, to meet PM Modi on Saturday
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners