Sharapova hammers Cibulkova to reach last four
Wimbledon: Fifth seed and tournament favourite Maria Sharapova powered into the Wimbledon semi-finals with an emphatic 6-1 6-1 win over an outgunned Dominika Cibulkova on Tuesday.
The tall Russian, the last former champion left in the women`s draw having triumphed in 2004, broke three times in the first set under the Centre Court roof as she dominated the small Slovak from the baseline.
Three further breaks in the second set meant victory, in just over an hour, was a mere formality on the grass.
Having not dropped a set all tournament, Sharapova now looks hot favourite to seal her fourth grand slam title and meets German wildcard Sabine Lisicki in Thursday`s last four.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?