Sharapova hammers Cibulkova to reach last four
Wimbledon: Fifth seed and tournament favourite Maria Sharapova powered into the Wimbledon semi-finals with an emphatic 6-1 6-1 win over an outgunned Dominika Cibulkova on Tuesday.
The tall Russian, the last former champion left in the women`s draw having triumphed in 2004, broke three times in the first set under the Centre Court roof as she dominated the small Slovak from the baseline.
Three further breaks in the second set meant victory, in just over an hour, was a mere formality on the grass.
Having not dropped a set all tournament, Sharapova now looks hot favourite to seal her fourth grand slam title and meets German wildcard Sabine Lisicki in Thursday`s last four.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it