Sharapova happy with `baby step` return
Bogota: Maria Sharapova described her comeback after a four-month injury absence as a `baby step` forward in her recovery.
The four-time major winner took on 2008 French Open champion Ana Ivanovic in an exhibition match in Bogota as she tests the injured shoulder which forced her to call time on her 2013 season after a first round loss in Cincinnati in August.
"After months of not competing, tonight was a baby step forward! I missed this so much!Thank you Colombia for such a warm welcome. #imback," tweeted the Russian superstar on Sunday.
Sharapova lost the match 6-1, 1-6, 12-10 to the Serb.
The right shoulder injury forced the 26-year-old world number four to miss the US Open as well as the season-ending WTA Championships.
Sharapova is due to make her competitive return at the Brisbane International from December 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India expects fruitful outcome during SCO meet: Modi
- It is best to learn yoga under a master, says yoga expert Kamlesh Barwal
- Fatwa issued against Jimmy Sheirgill for political drama 'Shorgul'
- Myanmar`s Suu Kyi visits troubled diaspora in Thailand
- N. Korea rules out nuclear talks resumption: Official