Sharapova leads Russian charge in Paris
Paris: Top seed Maria Sharapova set up a clash with fellow Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova as they both advanced to the semi-finals of the Paris Indoor Open on Friday.
Sharapova eased past Kirsten Flipkens 6-2, 6-2 for her fourth victory in as many matches over the Belgian who had ousted titleholder Mona Barthel of Germany in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city