Sharapova sets up Errani quarterfinal
Miami: Maria Sharapova blew away Klara Zakopalova on Tuesday, to set up a Miami Masters quarter-final with Italy`s Sara Errani.
The Russian star quickly disposed of 21st seed Zakopalova 6-2, 6-2 at the USD 5.2 million event in Key Biscayne, Florida.
"I thought I did a much better job today at being aggressive and playing a bit more consistently than in the previous match. The conditions today were a little bit easier as well. I`m really happy to be through to the quarter-finals of this tournament again," Sharapova said.
There, Sharapova will seek her fourth win in four encounters over Errani, who earned the match-up with a 1-6, 6-4, 6-2 comeback win over Ana Ivanovic.
"Sara`s probably one of the most consistent players on the tour and she`s getting really far in tournaments all the time," Sharapova said. Errani was Sharapova`s quarter-final victim en route to the Indian Wells title last week.
In the other quarter-finals, World No.1 Serena Williams plays China`s Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska faces Belgium`s Kirsten Flipkens and Roberta Vinci is up against Jelena Jankovic.
The Miami Masters is a WTA Premier Mandatory tournament played on hard courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!