Sharapova sets up Errani quarterfinal
Miami: Maria Sharapova blew away Klara Zakopalova on Tuesday, to set up a Miami Masters quarter-final with Italy`s Sara Errani.
The Russian star quickly disposed of 21st seed Zakopalova 6-2, 6-2 at the USD 5.2 million event in Key Biscayne, Florida.
"I thought I did a much better job today at being aggressive and playing a bit more consistently than in the previous match. The conditions today were a little bit easier as well. I`m really happy to be through to the quarter-finals of this tournament again," Sharapova said.
There, Sharapova will seek her fourth win in four encounters over Errani, who earned the match-up with a 1-6, 6-4, 6-2 comeback win over Ana Ivanovic.
"Sara`s probably one of the most consistent players on the tour and she`s getting really far in tournaments all the time," Sharapova said. Errani was Sharapova`s quarter-final victim en route to the Indian Wells title last week.
In the other quarter-finals, World No.1 Serena Williams plays China`s Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska faces Belgium`s Kirsten Flipkens and Roberta Vinci is up against Jelena Jankovic.
The Miami Masters is a WTA Premier Mandatory tournament played on hard courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown