Sharapova sets up Serena final
Madrid: Maria Sharapova will face Serena Williams in the final of the Madrid Open after the Russian No.1 trounced Ana Ivanovic 6-4, 6-3 in Saturday`s semifinal.
Strong serving saw Sharapova, seeking her third title of the year, take just 77 minutes to overwhelm the Serbian 16th seed.
In Sunday`s final, Sharapova will be out for revenge after being thrashed by Williams on the American`s way to last year`s title.
Williams, the top seed for the $5.1 million WTA event, earned her spot in the final with a 7-5, 6-2 defeat of Italy`s seventh seed Sara Errani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday