Sharapova sets up Serena final
Madrid: Maria Sharapova will face Serena Williams in the final of the Madrid Open after the Russian No.1 trounced Ana Ivanovic 6-4, 6-3 in Saturday`s semifinal.
Strong serving saw Sharapova, seeking her third title of the year, take just 77 minutes to overwhelm the Serbian 16th seed.
In Sunday`s final, Sharapova will be out for revenge after being thrashed by Williams on the American`s way to last year`s title.
Williams, the top seed for the $5.1 million WTA event, earned her spot in the final with a 7-5, 6-2 defeat of Italy`s seventh seed Sara Errani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'