Sharapova storms into second round; Nadal faces scare
Zee Media Bureau
Paris: Defending champion Maria Sharapova needed only 54 minutes to advance to the second round beating Hsieh Su-wei 6-2, 6-1. The No. 2-seeded Sharapova just lost eight points in eight service games.
Rafael Nadal`s bid for eighth French Open title was challenged by German Daniel Brands. But Nadal eventually found his rhythm to steady the ship as the 25-year-old German eventually ran out of firepower.
The King Of Clay and seven-time champion Nadal dropped the opening set of a Grand Slam for the first time in his career before he prevailed 4-6 7-6 (7/4) 6-4 6-3 against a player who had lost all four of his previous matches in Paris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!