Simon says injury contributed to Brisbane loss
Brisbane: Third seed Gilles Simon blamed injury problems for his shock second round defeat at the hands of Romanian qualifier Marius Copil at the Brisbane International on Thursday.
An out-of-sorts Simon, who had a first round bye, was unable to make any impression on Copil during the 7-5, 6-3 loss.
"I couldn`t move my legs -- I had a few body problems," Simon said, declining to elaborate on what the injuries were.
The 29-year-old has had injury concerns in the past and missed much of 2010 with a knee problem.
"It`s always difficult to play the first tournament of the year," he said.
"Your body has to get used to the heat, the courts, the matches.
"I have 10 days to recover before Melbourne (Australian Open). Everything will be fine by then."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption