Simon says injury contributed to Brisbane loss
Brisbane: Third seed Gilles Simon blamed injury problems for his shock second round defeat at the hands of Romanian qualifier Marius Copil at the Brisbane International on Thursday.
An out-of-sorts Simon, who had a first round bye, was unable to make any impression on Copil during the 7-5, 6-3 loss.
"I couldn`t move my legs -- I had a few body problems," Simon said, declining to elaborate on what the injuries were.
The 29-year-old has had injury concerns in the past and missed much of 2010 with a knee problem.
"It`s always difficult to play the first tournament of the year," he said.
"Your body has to get used to the heat, the courts, the matches.
"I have 10 days to recover before Melbourne (Australian Open). Everything will be fine by then."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh