Simon says injury contributed to Brisbane loss
Brisbane: Third seed Gilles Simon blamed injury problems for his shock second round defeat at the hands of Romanian qualifier Marius Copil at the Brisbane International on Thursday.
An out-of-sorts Simon, who had a first round bye, was unable to make any impression on Copil during the 7-5, 6-3 loss.
"I couldn`t move my legs -- I had a few body problems," Simon said, declining to elaborate on what the injuries were.
The 29-year-old has had injury concerns in the past and missed much of 2010 with a knee problem.
"It`s always difficult to play the first tournament of the year," he said.
"Your body has to get used to the heat, the courts, the matches.
"I have 10 days to recover before Melbourne (Australian Open). Everything will be fine by then."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Coolpad launches virtual reality headset at Rs 999
- Grounds need to be watered, match or no match: Narendra Modi on IPL drought row
- What is Article 50? The key to Brexit
- GER V SVK: Slovakia eye Germany upset in Euro 2016 pre-quarters
- WAL v NIR: Gareth McAuley own-goal sends Wales into Quarter-finals of Euro 2016