Singapore to host WTA Championships from 2014
Singapore: Singapore beat Tianjin in China and Monterrey in Mexico to be named as host for the year-ending Women`s Tennis Association Championships for the next five years.
The city state will stage the year-end final from 2014 with a record purse of USD 6.5 million.
The season-ending event features the top eight women`s tennis players and from next year, the eight leading women`s doubles pairs too. It will be the Asia-Pacific region`s second biggest tennis tournament after the Australian Open Grand Slam.
The 2013 event will be held in Istanbul, Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar