Singapore to host WTA Championships from 2014
Singapore: Singapore beat Tianjin in China and Monterrey in Mexico to be named as host for the year-ending Women`s Tennis Association Championships for the next five years.
The city state will stage the year-end final from 2014 with a record purse of USD 6.5 million.
The season-ending event features the top eight women`s tennis players and from next year, the eight leading women`s doubles pairs too. It will be the Asia-Pacific region`s second biggest tennis tournament after the Australian Open Grand Slam.
The 2013 event will be held in Istanbul, Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan