Somdev advances to 2nd round of US Open qualifiers
New York: Somdev Devvarman, India`s numero uno singles player, cleared the first hurdle in the US Open qualifying tournament with a straight set win over Fabiano De Paula, here.
Somdev, seeded sixth, defeated his Brazilian rival 6-4 6-3 in one hour and nine minutes in the the first round contest of the US Open qualifiers.
Somdev, ranked 113, broke Paula one time in the opening set while thrice in the second.
He will next face American Robby Ginepri, ranked 123 places below him at 236.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why