Somdev back in top-100 in singles rankings
New Delhi: India`s top singles player Somdev Devvarman returned to top-100 after a gap of one year and nine months as he jumped three places to 98 in the latest ATP singles rankings, issued on Monday.
Somdev had achieved a career-best rank of 62 in 2011 but struggled after that as a shoulder injury halted his progress.
Of late he has done well, reaching second rounds of the US Open and the ATP 500 event in Washington via qualifiers.
Also making tremendous progress was Yuki Bhambri as he zoomed up to 287 with a huge jump of 190 places, following his superb performance at the Taiwan Challenger, where he ended runner-up after qualifying for the main draw.
In the doubles, US Open champion Leander Paes (5), Rohan Bopanna (7) and Mahesh Bhupathi (10) remained unchanged in top-10.
Left-hander Divij Sharan and marginally improved as he was 69, a one place gain. Purav Raja was the fifth top-100 player for India at 89.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location