Somdev bows out of US Challenger event
Charlottesville (USA): Somdev Devvarman`s run at the ATP Challenger tournament came to an end after a tame quarter-final defeat against American eighth seed Denis Kudla, here.
Wild card Somdev could not repeat the performance of his last two matches, where he had come from behind to win, as he lost 2-6 0-6 to world number 162 rival in the USD 75,000 hard court tournament.
With his the quarter-final appearance the Indian pocketed 17 ranking points and earned USD 2190.
Somdev, a wild card entrant, had lost six consecutive first round matches before coming into this tournament.
The Indian, who missed the first half of the season as he was recuperating from a shoulder surgery, has slid to 733 in the singles ATP rankings.
He had made a comeback to competitive tennis at the London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'