Somdev bows out of US Challenger event
Charlottesville (USA): Somdev Devvarman`s run at the ATP Challenger tournament came to an end after a tame quarter-final defeat against American eighth seed Denis Kudla, here.
Wild card Somdev could not repeat the performance of his last two matches, where he had come from behind to win, as he lost 2-6 0-6 to world number 162 rival in the USD 75,000 hard court tournament.
With his the quarter-final appearance the Indian pocketed 17 ranking points and earned USD 2190.
Somdev, a wild card entrant, had lost six consecutive first round matches before coming into this tournament.
The Indian, who missed the first half of the season as he was recuperating from a shoulder surgery, has slid to 733 in the singles ATP rankings.
He had made a comeback to competitive tennis at the London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Indonesian church attacker ''obsessed'' with Islamic State leader: Senior minister
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen Army camp: Security official
- China's Xi Jinping reshuffles key party posts ahead of congress
- FIR filed against Vishal Dadlani, Tehseen Poonawalla over 'monkery' tweet on Jain religious leader
- Breast cancer breakthrough? 16-year-old Indian-origin boy claims cure for disease