Somdev breaks into China Open main draw
Beijing: India`s Somdev Devvarman has qualified for the ATP 500 China Open after he beat Italy`s Paolo Lorenzi 3-6, 7-6, 6-3 in the final qualifying round of the tournament.
Somdev won the match in 2 hours and 21 minutes, with the first losing set taking 28 minutes, the second taking 59 minutes and the third 54 minutes to complete.
The China Open has some big names involved in its event, with both World No.1 Novak Djokovic and Spanish player Rafael Nadal set to compete together for glory.
Devvarman had a tough season last year struggling with injury, but he recently made the top 100 in the ATP rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot