Somdev Devvarman tames Zhang to move to quarterfinals of US Challenger
Aptos: A struggling Somdev Devvarman won the war of attrition against Ze Zhang for a second-round win at the USD 100,000 ATP Challenger event here on Friday.
Somdev, who had not won two consecutive matches on the ATP circuit for nearly six months, triumphed 6-7(4) 7-6(6) 7-5 after a long-drawn battle, lasting three hours and two minutes.
It was Somdev`s second win over Zhang in as many meetings, having beaten the Chinese en route to his Delhi Challenger title victory in February.
Somdev next faced top seed and world number 54 Mikhail Kukushkin from Kazakhstan.
Meanwhile, India`s Divij Sharan was ousted in the doubles quarterfinals along with American partner Kevin King. They lost 5-7 3-6 to Ruben Bemelmans and Laurynas Grigelis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth