Somdev fails to qualify for Shanghai Masters
Shanghai: Indian tennis player Somdev Devvarman has lost to Japan`s Tatsuma Ito 7-6, 6-0 in the final qualifying round of the 2013 Shanghai Rolex Masters tournament.
The first set took 51 minutes while the second took just 21 minutes to complete in a match that went on for just 1 hour and 12 minutes.
Somdev had earlier beaten China`s Siyu Liu 6-1, 4-6, 6-1 in the previous qualifying round.
He had qualified in last week`s China Open tournament but had lost to Spain`s Fernando Verdasco in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!