Somdev fails to qualify for Shanghai Masters
Shanghai: Indian tennis player Somdev Devvarman has lost to Japan`s Tatsuma Ito 7-6, 6-0 in the final qualifying round of the 2013 Shanghai Rolex Masters tournament.
The first set took 51 minutes while the second took just 21 minutes to complete in a match that went on for just 1 hour and 12 minutes.
Somdev had earlier beaten China`s Siyu Liu 6-1, 4-6, 6-1 in the previous qualifying round.
He had qualified in last week`s China Open tournament but had lost to Spain`s Fernando Verdasco in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!