Somdev finally posts a win
Charlottesville : A struggling Somdev Devvarman finally won a match post a comeback since July this season when he defeated Germany`s Mischa Zverev in the opening round of the ATP Challenger tournament, here.
Somdev, who had lost six consecutive first round matches after making a comeback at the London Olympics, rallied to beat fourth seed and 140th ranked rival 4-6 7-5 6-4 in the USD 75,000 hard court tournament.
Somdev, a wild card entrant, next faces Japanese qualifier Taro Daniel, who beat American Daniel Kosakowski 6-3 1-6 6-3 in his first round match.
The Indian, who missed the first half of the season as he was recuperating from a shoulder surgery, has slid to 733 in the singles ATP rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!