Somdev finally posts a win
Charlottesville : A struggling Somdev Devvarman finally won a match post a comeback since July this season when he defeated Germany`s Mischa Zverev in the opening round of the ATP Challenger tournament, here.
Somdev, who had lost six consecutive first round matches after making a comeback at the London Olympics, rallied to beat fourth seed and 140th ranked rival 4-6 7-5 6-4 in the USD 75,000 hard court tournament.
Somdev, a wild card entrant, next faces Japanese qualifier Taro Daniel, who beat American Daniel Kosakowski 6-3 1-6 6-3 in his first round match.
The Indian, who missed the first half of the season as he was recuperating from a shoulder surgery, has slid to 733 in the singles ATP rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt