Somdev-Huey in final of Farmer`s Classic
Los Angeles (US): Somdev Devvarman earned himself a good chance to win his first ever ATP title after reaching the doubles final of the Farmer`s Classic along with Treat Conrad Huey with a hard fought three-set win over Israeli pair of Jonathan Erlich and Andy Ram here.
The unseeded Indo-Philippine pair, who had shocked the top seeds earlier, edged past the fourth seed Israeli duo 7-6 (6), 6-7 (8), 10-4 after a close to two-hour battle in the semi-finals of the USD 619,50 tournament.
They next face third seed Mark Knowles Bahamas and Xavier Malisse of Belarus.
It is for the first time that Somdev has reached the final of an ATP doubles event. He has made two singles final so far. He reached final of Chennai Open, his home event, in 2009 and in Johannesburg early this year.
Somdev and Huey nosed ahead after a stiff first set but could not stop their opponents from stretching the match to Super Tie break.
However they prevailed over the Israelis, scoring points when it mattered most.
Somdev`s singles campaign had earlier ended with a 4-6, 6-7 (7) first round defeat at the hands of Ryan Sweeting of the United States.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Water tanker scam: ACB trying to arrest me, says Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra
- Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya's bail plea rejected — What NIA court said
- PM condoles death of Naga leader Isak Swu
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!