Somdev in quarterfinals of US Challenger event
Charlottesville (USA): Somdev Devvarman struggled past Japanese qualifier Taro Daniel in three sets to progress to the singles quarter-finals of the ATP Challenger tournament, here.
The Indian recorded a 4-6 7-5 6-1 win over his opponent in the second round of the USD 75,000 hard court tournament.
Somdev, a wild card entrant, next faces American eighth seed Denis Kudla. He had lost six consecutive first round matches before coming into this tournament.
The Indian, who missed the first half of the season as he was recuperating from a shoulder surgery, has slid to 733 in the singles ATP rankings.
He had made a comeback to competitive tennis at the London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31