Somdev in quarterfinals of US Challenger event
Charlottesville (USA): Somdev Devvarman struggled past Japanese qualifier Taro Daniel in three sets to progress to the singles quarter-finals of the ATP Challenger tournament, here.
The Indian recorded a 4-6 7-5 6-1 win over his opponent in the second round of the USD 75,000 hard court tournament.
Somdev, a wild card entrant, next faces American eighth seed Denis Kudla. He had lost six consecutive first round matches before coming into this tournament.
The Indian, who missed the first half of the season as he was recuperating from a shoulder surgery, has slid to 733 in the singles ATP rankings.
He had made a comeback to competitive tennis at the London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt revises EPF interest rate again; hikes it to 8.8%
- If I say I like Pizza will they expunge that too? Asks Subramanian Swamy
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- Simply hilarious! Protesters storm PWD office, perform 'nagin dance' against official apathy - Watch
- Australia blocks China from buying 1% of its landmass