Somdev in quarterfinals of US Challenger event
Charlottesville (USA): Somdev Devvarman struggled past Japanese qualifier Taro Daniel in three sets to progress to the singles quarter-finals of the ATP Challenger tournament, here.
The Indian recorded a 4-6 7-5 6-1 win over his opponent in the second round of the USD 75,000 hard court tournament.
Somdev, a wild card entrant, next faces American eighth seed Denis Kudla. He had lost six consecutive first round matches before coming into this tournament.
The Indian, who missed the first half of the season as he was recuperating from a shoulder surgery, has slid to 733 in the singles ATP rankings.
He had made a comeback to competitive tennis at the London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row