Somdev loses a 1st round match for sixth time in a row
Vienna: Somdev Devvarman`s on-court struggle continued post a comeback as he lost his sixth consecutive first round match when he suffered a straight-set defeat against Ernest Gulbis at ATP Erste Bank Open here today.
The unseeded Indian, whose ranking has plummeted to 579 lost to his wild-card opponent from Latvia 6-7(6) 3-6 in one hour and 43 minutes.
Somdev, who missed action for about seven months in the 2012 season due to a shoulder surgery, has now lost all his singles matches since making a comeback at London Olympics.
He had lost to Finland` Jarkko Nieminen at the Games in July and has not won a single match in this season.
He had a phenomenal 2009 and reached a career-best ranking of 62 last year but the shoulder injury put a brake on on his progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'