Somdev ousted from Indian Wells masters qualifiers
Indian Wells (USA): Somdev Devvarman has crashed out of the Indian Wells ATP Masters as the top seeded Indian suffered a first round defeat at the hands of Spaniard Daniel Munoz-de La Nava, here.
Ranked 78th, Somdev lost his first round contest 2-6 7-5 3-6 to a player, who is ranked as low as 287.
Somdev had beaten Daniel last year in the first round of the French Open.
The defeat is Somdev`s second successive against a lower-ranked player, having lost to Malek Jaziri (137) at the Dubai Duty Free Championships.
Last year also Somdev had failed to clear the first round hurdle at the Indian Wells Masters. He had lost in straight sets to Matteo Viola from Italy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'