Somdev out from doubles at Seoul Challenger
New Delhi: Somdev Devvarman`s doubles
campaign at the ATP Challenger event in Seoul, Korea ended
with a straight-set first round defeat along with the American
partner Todd Widom.
The unseeded Indo-American duo did their best to make a
comeback after being outplayed in the first set but lost 1-6,
6-7(7) to second seeded Israeli pair of Amir Hadad and Harel
Levy in the opening round of the USD 1,25,000 hard court
Somdev is seeded fourth in the singles competition and
will open his campaign against South African Davis Cupper Rik
Prakash Amritraj is also in the fray and will take on
local boy Kyu Tae IM in his opening round tomorrow.
Prakash has teamed up with Australian Marinkc Matosevic
for the doubles event and they will be up against top seeded
pair of Thai pair of Sanchai and Sonchat Ratiwatana.
Another Indian presenting his challenge in the doubles
event is Purav Raja, who has combined with Australian Sadik
Kadir. They will start with a match against Japanese combo of
Hiroki Kondo and Go Soeda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price