Somdev out of top-100, Yuki out of top-150
New Delhi: A struggling Somdev Devvarman today dropped out of top-100 bracket in the singles rankings as the Indian slipped to 102 with the loss of two places.
Somdev has been struggling since winning the Delhi Open challenger title and failed to cross the first round hurdle in five consecutive tournaments on the ATP tour.
Also sliding in the ATP ranking ladder was India`s second best singles player, Yuki Bhambri, who lost four spots to be 153.
The tall and big serving Saketh Myneni though jumped seven places to be 262.
In the doubles, Leander Paes continued to be India`s best ranked player and the only one in top-10 at number nine. Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna was next best at number 14.
Mahesh Bhupathi, who will retire this year and will be playing only select events, gained a place to be 46.
Left-handed Delhi boy Divij Sharan suffered a loss of four places to take the 71st spot this week.
In the WTA rankings, Sania Mirza maintained her eighth rank in the doubles chart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Militants attack American university in Kabul
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI: All-round Lankans thrash clueless Aussies; level series 1-1
- Top five amazing benefits of spinach!
- When IIT directors chant Bharat Mata Ki Jai slogans during IIT council meet — Know what happened
- Last season `the best of my career`: Cristiano Ronaldo