Somdev out of top-100, Yuki out of top-150
New Delhi: A struggling Somdev Devvarman today dropped out of top-100 bracket in the singles rankings as the Indian slipped to 102 with the loss of two places.
Somdev has been struggling since winning the Delhi Open challenger title and failed to cross the first round hurdle in five consecutive tournaments on the ATP tour.
Also sliding in the ATP ranking ladder was India`s second best singles player, Yuki Bhambri, who lost four spots to be 153.
The tall and big serving Saketh Myneni though jumped seven places to be 262.
In the doubles, Leander Paes continued to be India`s best ranked player and the only one in top-10 at number nine. Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna was next best at number 14.
Mahesh Bhupathi, who will retire this year and will be playing only select events, gained a place to be 46.
Left-handed Delhi boy Divij Sharan suffered a loss of four places to take the 71st spot this week.
In the WTA rankings, Sania Mirza maintained her eighth rank in the doubles chart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you