Somdev out of top-100, Yuki out of top-150
New Delhi: A struggling Somdev Devvarman today dropped out of top-100 bracket in the singles rankings as the Indian slipped to 102 with the loss of two places.
Somdev has been struggling since winning the Delhi Open challenger title and failed to cross the first round hurdle in five consecutive tournaments on the ATP tour.
Also sliding in the ATP ranking ladder was India`s second best singles player, Yuki Bhambri, who lost four spots to be 153.
The tall and big serving Saketh Myneni though jumped seven places to be 262.
In the doubles, Leander Paes continued to be India`s best ranked player and the only one in top-10 at number nine. Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna was next best at number 14.
Mahesh Bhupathi, who will retire this year and will be playing only select events, gained a place to be 46.
Left-handed Delhi boy Divij Sharan suffered a loss of four places to take the 71st spot this week.
In the WTA rankings, Sania Mirza maintained her eighth rank in the doubles chart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city