Somdev`s doubles campaign ends in France
New Delhi: After exiting from singles event, Indian ace Somdev Devvarman bowed out of the doubles competition of the ATP 250 tournament in Nice, France after suffering a straight sets defeat along with partner Ryan Sweeting.
The unseeded Indo-American pair lost 2-6, 2-6 to third seeds Frantisek Cermak of Czech Republic and Slovakian Filip Polasek in the first round of the euro 450,000 tournament.
Somdev and Ryan squandered two break chances in each of the sets and lost the clay court battle after 57 minutes.
Somdev had lost to local player Adrian Mannarino in the first round of the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi