Somdev`s doubles campaign ends in France
New Delhi: After exiting from singles event, Indian ace Somdev Devvarman bowed out of the doubles competition of the ATP 250 tournament in Nice, France after suffering a straight sets defeat along with partner Ryan Sweeting.
The unseeded Indo-American pair lost 2-6, 2-6 to third seeds Frantisek Cermak of Czech Republic and Slovakian Filip Polasek in the first round of the euro 450,000 tournament.
Somdev and Ryan squandered two break chances in each of the sets and lost the clay court battle after 57 minutes.
Somdev had lost to local player Adrian Mannarino in the first round of the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what