Somdev through to second round, sets up date with Federer
Paris: India`s Somdev Devvarman sailed into the second round of the men`s singles event at the French Open with a straight-set win over Daniel Munoz-De La Nava of Spain at the Roland Garros here.
It took Somdev little more than two-and-a-half hours to get the better of his Spaniard opponent 6-3 6-3 7-5.
A tough encounter awaits Somdev in the second round as the 188th ranked Indian will be up against world number three Roger Federer of Switzerland.
Federer had defeated Spanish qualifier Pablo Carreno-Busta 6-2 6-2 6-3 in his opening round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation