Somdev through to second round, sets up date with Federer
Paris: India`s Somdev Devvarman sailed into the second round of the men`s singles event at the French Open with a straight-set win over Daniel Munoz-De La Nava of Spain at the Roland Garros here.
It took Somdev little more than two-and-a-half hours to get the better of his Spaniard opponent 6-3 6-3 7-5.
A tough encounter awaits Somdev in the second round as the 188th ranked Indian will be up against world number three Roger Federer of Switzerland.
Federer had defeated Spanish qualifier Pablo Carreno-Busta 6-2 6-2 6-3 in his opening round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'