Somdev zooms to 78, Yuki loses three places to be 146
New Delhi: Courtesy his Delhi Open triumph, India`s numero uno singles player Somdev Devvarman on Monday jumped 18 places to become world number 78 in the latest ATP rankings.
Somdev had collected 100 ranking points after beating top seed Alerksandr Nedovyesov in the final on Sunday.
Somdev`s next clash is on Tuesday against world number five and 2009 US Open winner Juan Martin Del Potro in the first round of the ATP 500 Dubai Duty Free championships.
Somdev`s career best rank was 62, which he achieved in July 2011.
India`s number two singles player Yuki Bhambri slipped to 146, a loss of three places. The Delhi boy had made a shock first round exit at the Delhi Open.
In the doubles, Leander Paes continued to be India`s top player at number 10. He is unchanged this week. Rohan Bopanna lost a place to be 16th while Mahesh Bhupathi, who is set to retire this year, further slipped to 41.
Left-handed Divij Sharan was the next best at 65.
In the women`s rankings Sania Mirza dropped out of top-10. She is now placed 11th. The top Indian star last week made a shock first-round exit from the Dubai event with partner Cara Black.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report